Florida Adventure (Park)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

Sooo. We're now minus two. Two days before the show. Hasheen got call offering a job on a cruise line one day and was gone the next. Cypress Gardens seriously needs an out-clause. The obnoxious part is that he DIDN'T tell Tony about it. He tried to go above his head and tell the Entertainment supervisor, Gail, but she wasn't having it and told him to call Tony. And then he told US that he had no intention of calling Tony. It was just incredibly immature. Luckily we called Gail and she said she HAD called Tony so he knew and we wouldn't end up having to tell Tony ourselves the next day at rehearsal (which was a scheduled 10 hour day). Ack. The thing is he (and we) KNEW all day at rehearsal and couldn't say anything. Couldn't prepare in anyway. Nothing. And even though I was angry I sort of felt bad for Hasheen thinking he would have to tell Tony and deal with that as well as pack up completely and leave tonight. BUT he only took his clothes. His friend's car broke down and Jessica had to drive him. He almost got away without paying his rent. AND he was completely unremorseful and insultingly smug. Which was offensive to the other 4 of us who are HAPPY to be here. To have a job, be it at a theme park. And to be making some money and having some fun.
In other news his replacement is getting here this evening. And Jessica's replacement will be here next week. Oh and we got our costumes. Which are hilariously small waisted seeing that I GAVE them my measurement. I guess she just didnt take me seriously. Oh and I get the yellow poodle skirt with records on it.

3 Comments:

  • A pox upon Hasheen!! What a rotten thing to do. The consolation is that maybe the replacement will be someone hungry for the job. But TWO days!!! Yikes! (As has been previously exclaimed.)

    I am completely overwhelmed that The Civil War opens in two days (and close in three). I've bragged about how good the singers are, and that is true, but I'm worried we just haven't had enough rehearsal and it might be rougher around the edges than I had hoped.

    By Blogger Terrell, at 2:31 PM  

  • Wow, you know it's funny how someone can friend request you on myspace and then write one-sided comments about you on the INTERNET! for the record:
    1. my rehearsals were in orlando, i do remember taking my things the following week from the apartment.
    2. I did not skip out on the rent i paid it.
    3. i called tony on the way to orlando.
    4. i didnt tell tony that day because i was struggling with the decision.
    but thank you for the fake wish-you-wells and friend requests.
    hummm... 3 month theme park show... 8 month cruise contract seeing the world... i'll take the latter

    By Blogger HasheenD, at 8:29 PM  

  • Ha! Sorry Hasheen! I'm reading this probably years after you commented. 12/18/2008. God bless the internet :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home